Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Thursday, November 3, 2011

    Gratitude

    November 1st, 2011 will heretofore be remembered in our household as the day our oldest little Man first pee-peed in the 'big boy toilet.'  All he needed was a toilet seat (vs. his licensed plastic toilet), his step stool and a little privacy.  (At 2 and 1/2 he told us to leave and close the door.)


    This October we took a 'Halloween tour' of California and had a great time.  I was able to spend a week with my 3 favorite boys.  We made it home in time to 'Trick or Treat' and to hand out a few treats of our own.  


    The bit of decor I managed to break out this year has been put to bed, and Fall has inspired a new arrangement in our living room:




    The idea of visually expressing gratitude keeps coming back to me.  Thinking about the things I enjoy and am fortunate to have keeps the "I need"s and "I want"s in check, and I am reminded that I have a lot to be happy about.  


    I'm considering a mash-up of:


     courtesy of Simple As That


    and:
    courtesy of Simply Vintage Girl

    October was a great month and November began strong.  I hope I can (start and) finish this project before the weekend is out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails