Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Tuesday, January 31, 2012

    Fill This Month With Love, For Free

    As January comes to an end, the approaching tax season + a very small end-of-the-month paycheck has challenged me to find inexpensive ways to celebrate the month of love.  I am actually grateful for the challenge.  "Seasonal" aisles turned from  

    red & green
    to
    red & pink weeks ago,

    and my mind automatically went to, "What am I going to do?  How am I going to decorate?  What am I going to give?  What about a Valentine's party?"  I imagined going through a checkout with all of the items I'd need, and realized that I could easily spend all of my money on this holiday.  It felt like Christmas, in February.  As much as I would like to support local businesses this month, with no budget I was forced to shift my thinking away from what I'd buy and toward how I could celebrate the month for free.  

    I declare that it is possible to fill this month with love and lasting memories, for free, with  

    Love Notes.
    Hide them, or leave them out in the open.
    materials:
    anything to write with
    +
    anything to write on

    mirrors
    {look what katie found}
    acorns
    {blue purple and scarlett}
    toilet paper (OR paper towels, coffee sleeves...)
    {jumbo coffee morning}

    napkins (OR tissue...)
    {see this incredible post at just something I made}
    rocks
    {blue purple and scarlett}

    Hidden Hearts.
    Don't point them out.  Just let your loved ones find them.
    materials:
    an eye for everything heart-shaped

    Try folding a grocery ad into a heart.
    I wonder if I could fold one of my husband's shirts into a heart...


    In books
    {vintage french hen}
    In toys
    {lego}
    On the way to the car, OR near the front door
    {the paper butterfly}
    {this would be sweet on someone's pillow}

    When It Comes To Food
    Any food made from batter---pancakes---can be shaped like a heart.
    You can cut your food into the shape of a heart---cheese, bread...
    OR
    You can arrange the food in the shape of a heart---spaghetti noodles, vegetables on a plate... 

    Random Acts of Kindness.
    All you need is a recipient.  You can do something kind for someone as you go about your own day.
    print yourself a reminder:
    {courtesy of twiddler house}
    {courtesy of photography by amber}
    an idea list can be simple:

    {
    spread kindness}

    Find or Share Ideas
    HERE , courtesy of SpreadKindness.org
    +
    HERE, courtesy of RandomActsOfKindness.org



    More ideas to come!

    A.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails