Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Saturday, October 6, 2012

    General Conference for Toddlers


    Here in Utah, we will be only one of many young families this weekend to PITCH A TENT in front of the television for the broadcast of the October General Conference.  I feel fortunate that I can read, listen, or watch the broadcast here at home where my boys' beds and toys are. 
    IKEA Children's Tent, CIRKUSTÄLT
    Not only do my young boys, 1 and 3, love tents and really any enclosed space, pitching a tent reminds us of this account in The Book of Mormon:


    "And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them..."  

    We happen to own a pop-up tent, but two chairs and a bed sheet have been known to go far in fort/tent construction!

    My boys appear to feel grown up in, and more willing to sit in, their own chair at THEIR OWN TABLE.  Each session of Conference is two hours.  In toddler time, that's for-EVER.  A children's table is a fun place for them to snack and color while we listen.
    IKEA Children's Table, LÄTT
    CONFERENCE-INSPIRED activity books, games, and toys keep my young boys entertained and teach them on their own level about the same principles we learn during Conference.  

    I did not expect to find the best Conference preparation materials online over a retail store [LDS Distribution Center, Deseret Book], and when I couldn't find what I was looking for in-store another customer actually referred me back to Sugardoodle.net!  Well done Sugardoodle!
    Pop in and sign the Guest Book!
    With so many great articles, blog posts, and websites dedicated to the topic I'll leave you with one website that offers many great printables [from past Conferences] that my Nursery/Sunbeam-aged boys will enjoy: 
    Scriptures for Kids' General Conference activities
    MY HOPE is that if my boys' earliest memories are of Hubby and me listening to, and encouraging them to listen to, inspired direction...in future years they'll recognize Conference weekend a fun and important family event.

    Tune in and meet today's prophets and apostles.  

    Follow these links for the schedule and for more information about General Conference, airing this weekend.

    HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails