Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Tuesday, October 9, 2012

    Horses, and turkeys, and cows...oh my!


    After a few hours of work at the computer, it was definitely time for some sunlight and fresh air.  And, though the air on a farm isn't always a good 'fresh' my boys [3 and 1] didn't mind.  

    As much as his older brother, my youngest enjoyed visiting the goats, sheep, rabbits, cows [and baby cows], horses, turkeys, and chickens/roosters/geese/ducks.  We didn't find any pigs today.

    We bought a small paper sack of bird/duck feed at the general store for [I think] $0.50, and it was TOTALLY WORTH IT.  Big Brother threw one small handful of feed and suddenly he was at the center of dozens of birds, ducks, and geese.  I was grateful that these particular ducks and geese weren't aggressive.

    [The general store may also help you stave off grumptitude with a drink and a snack!]

    ...Grandma J, I think it's time for one of your haircuts...
    ...this one is still working on the hair...
    Big Brother said [of the wool on the wire], "It feels like a sweater."
    I'd be lost without him.


     my toddler-friendliness rating

    I love that admission was free, and that there are activities [for a fee] that we'd like to go back for:

    Wheeler Historic Farm, Cow Milking
    Wheeler Historic Farm, Wagon Rides 
    Wheeler Historic Farm, Pumpkin Days & Haybale Maze
    There's also a playground [and a place for a picnic??  Just South of the farm...] and boys and playgrounds go together like caramel and chocolate!

    The website will tell you that Wheeler Farm isn't a petting zoo because the animals aren't trained or domesticated.  We were still welcome to pet the animals, as long as we did so with caution...

    ...The problem was, my young boys stand at mouth and teeth height of most of the animals.  With Little Brother in the Baby Bjorn, I couldn't lift either one to pet the animals and next time I'd take a stroller...and pack a lunch.


    where should we go on our next outing??

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails