Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Friday, January 22, 2010

    Little Man & Momma Home Alone




    ...no swim class to wear Little Man out this afternoon...


    He babbled and wimpered in his crib for 45 minutes, and to preserve my nerves I undressed him for a shower because the benefits of a warm shower in our household are three-fold:


    (1)  the warm water feels great and helps cure those chills that neither bunny slippers nor a sweater can, 


    (2) Mommy feels less stressed (thus increasing the general happiness of everyone in the house), and 


    (3) warm showers put Little Man to sleep. 


    We also come out smelling better.  However OPERATION:  SHOWER went south quickly when I felt something cold cling to my shoulder.  The shower curtain had blown inward and was now clinging to me.  No combination of open or closed bathroom window or door spared me from constantly peeling the cold and wet vinyl curtain off of me, my son in my other arm.  


    I opted to bathe him instead, but now I found myself tumbling around the small tub, trying to keep Little Man from inhaling bath water as he slipped and slid from back brush -> bath pillow.  And the vinyl curtain was still sticking to me.  


    Our bath only accomplished objective (1).  We smell about the same as we did before.


    Fresh out of the tub and on our way to Little Man's room, I realized the new box of diapers was in the trunk of my car...


    ...outside...


    ...in the garage...


    Neither one of us was wearing more than a towel.  But I knew one of us wasn't going to pee (or worse) all over the floor.  The probability of this happening increased the longer Little Man went without a diaper.  


    ...and I couldn't find my car keys.    


    It was only a few minutes before I made it back to his room with the box of diapers - I felt like I just spun into my clothes in a phone booth and flew to the top of a skyscraper to get them.  I think my clothes are still on inside-out...  


    The last time I saw that look on Little Man's face, he was standing with one hand against the frame of his closet and looking down, in wonder, at the wee streaming onto the floor.  I don't think he had seen himself pee before.  


    Fortunately it was only wee.  I changed his sheets and it was all I could do to pull up my big-girl panties and recompose myself.


    An hour and a half after I first put him down Little Man was finally tired enough to sleep, but I was so drained I could barely function.  


    ...and, I think I have a Duplo-shaped bruise on one heel...


    How do you moms recover from days like this?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails