Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Monday, November 7, 2011

    Our Zer0 Budget Gratitude Branch

    Last week I was considering a mash-up of a Thanksgiving Leaf Garland from Simple As That and a Thankful Tree from Simply Vintage Girl as our way to visually express our gratitude this month.

    I got this far on a budget of zer0... 

    From a larger fallen tree

    branch we found/collected for
    our Halloween graveyard.
    For gratitude leaves or ornaments, I
    left behind as many branches and 
    nubbins as possible.
    Green split peas = filler

    I also use beans, oats, and rice as
    "vase filler" in the kitchen.
    All of the above + a
    container, ribbon, and
    a runner I already had.  
    (Ribbon---Michael's, $1)












    Little Man in all his craftiness















    If I never succeed in finding my paper leaf cutouts, don't you agree our branch still makes a nice centerpiece?  

    *If you have a toddler and/or need a breath of fresh autumn air, you could go on a nature walk and collect small stones to add to your container to keep your branch upright.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails