Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Wednesday, May 9, 2012

    It's On: Staycation Day One

    My boys are 3-years and 8-months old.  They do not observe any holiday or special occasion that merits extra sleep!  Weekends. Daylight Saving Time.  New Year's Day...  


    ...Day One of our staycation was no exception.  There's no appealing to their inner clock, but with my husband home for the day we just enjoyed lying there together [while THEY climbed all over us], instead of clinging so desperately to those last few minutes of sleep.


    A much younger Big Brother.
    Both of our boys
    LOVE peeking out of these blinds at the head of our bed,
    and they climb all over us to get to them
    !


    Watching Little Brother drive off with our friend J. tonight for a few days was momentarily unsettling, only because he's my baby. I'm with him most of the day, daily.  For the same reason, I'm also curious to see how we'll both do.  I know he's in great hands, and I am excited to spend a little one-on-one time with Big Brother.
       
    An only child for 29 months, Big Brother has been a fantastic brother from the beginning.    He is kind to his little brother, and when he's not consoling his little brother himself he's waiting patiently for me to finish consoling him/feeding him/changing him...


    After a fabulous dinner out [Thai food] with my husband and B.Brother, B.Brother and I took the stroller around the block in search of an ice cream truck!  We talked about his day, and when we failed to find the ice cream truck we came home and had an ice cream cone of our own in the backyard.  I LOVED spending this time with him.

    As Day One draws to a close, I have this advice to share:


    } "Update your Status."  Being home, and being "available" don't HAVE to go together. Decide in advance whether you'll be "available" or "unavailable" to all who know you [your employer, co-workers, family, friends, neighbors, and the like].

    Schedule that house cleaning!  It will be easy to slip into your daily routine, and spend more time than you intended making phone calls on an insurance claim [for example].  Let someone else worry about your chores, and spend the day how you want to spend it.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails