Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Thursday, May 10, 2012

    I Just Might Learn Something: Staycation Day Two

    Big Brother has always slept with his bedroom door closed---he likes routine and so that's the way it has always been.  Whether due to the age of this house, paint, or [and] its hinges coming loose on occasion, he can't open this door without this harsh scraping sound.  This is the first morning Little Brother has been gone, and I didn't hear Big Brother open his door.  I ALWAYS hear him.


    He first appeared at my bedside with crumbs on his face.  Later, I learned that he had finished off a can of his brother's [Gerber®] cheddar puffs in the kitchen before he came into our room this morning.  I was surprised to learn that how asleep/aware I am in the morning is directly related to my baby. He plays his own role in my daily routine.  We did manage to escape any accident, for which I'm extremely grateful.


    Today, after a quick errand, we [my husband, Big Brother and I] visited Color Me Mine [a paint your own pottery studio].  My son likes to paint on paper, and I thought he'd love choosing and painting his own ceramic piece.  PERFECT staycation activity, right??  In reality, he was more excited about painting before we arrived.  I mean, he's 3.  After a few minutes of actually painting, he was finished. 
    Improvise
      } Be willing to improvise, and remember to think happy thoughts.


    ***
    Tonight, my sweet husband arranged for a babysitter and planned a fan.tastic night out for the two of us.  [A special Thank You to our adorable babysitter, who agreed to stay until 12:30 A.M. on a school night.]


    If you live in the area, you MUST visit The Five Alls restaurant once.  Dinner is FIVE courses, and followed by dessert.  After 3 visits, it is still THE best meal I've ever had here in the city.  I love that their menu, with pricing, is available online which helps us budget for it.  In my humble opinion, it's worth every cent.    

    Once you've been, if you've had a better experience elsewhere we hope you'll LEAVE A COMMENT with your recommendation! 
    "...PACE THYSELF AND ENJOY."


    Know that if you decide to catch a movie after dinner at The Five Alls [perhaps, The Avengers in 3D] the price of dinner really covers any movie snacks too, because you'll be so full you won't want any.
    ***
    At the end of Day Two I was pleasantly surprised at how the 'usual' things:
    } tidying the house
    } quiet time
    } playing in the backyard
    } GROCERY SHOPPING, of all things 
    delivering dessert to a neighbor
    } "dinner and a movie"
    } snuggling in front of the TV
    were what made our day great, more so than the one fun and unique activity I'd actually planned.  


    DEFINITELY plan for one nice meal and some one-on-one time with your sweetheart.  Beyond that, the value in planning anything else isn't always the plan itself---but that the plan brought you and someone you love together.  


    Goodnight Little Brother.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails