Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Monday, May 21, 2012

    Like trick-or treating...and Christmas...

    Follow this link for a great photo set of Daybreak, Utah by Photo Dean
    I just have to post about how awesome the residents of Daybreak are for participating in and supporting the DAYBREAK COMMUNITY YARD SALE this last Saturday!  I know the sale drew in visitors from as far as Heber, and perhaps farther.  I hope that we were respectful drivers, shoppers and visitors and that the residents of the community will want to participate again.  I'm marking my 2013 calendar NOW for the next sale!  

    THANK YOU Shelley and Cason Smith, and family, [of The House of Smiths] for participating!  I just couldn't compete with the "early birds."  [I really tried!]  When I walked up to the sale at 7:30 A.M. there was ALREADY a checkout line like I've never seen at any yard sale before!  At the outset I was disheartened to see many fantastic items already grouped into piles for purchase.  

    Then, I saw Shelley and Cason.  I looked again at the long line of customers, and suddenly I was happy.  To think they'd likely sell everything that day, and possibly feel encouraged to keep blogging.  They gave many of us an opportunity to support them in some small way, for all that we come away with in following their blog.  It's more than a great decor item or design idea.  If you haven't yet had the pleasure of stumbling upon their blog, I hope you'll follow this link and pop in.

    As a small "thank you" I also gave Shelley a hug, which made my day :).  

    The Smith family is also participating in Daybreak's DIY Blogger House.  The big reveal is scheduled for this August, as part of the Parade of Homes.  Will you be there??

    If you were in Daybreak for the sale, I hope you'll leave a COMMENT.  How far did you travel to be there, and what treasures did you come away with?? 

    Happy Monday,
    A.

    1 comment:

    1. Wow! Thank you SO much for the shout out!!! It was so good to meet you (even if it was brief) and see so many of our other readers face to face!!! :)
      I'm definitely going to be DOING some shopping next year! :)

      ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails