Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Wednesday, September 26, 2012

    Long Day? Get away...

    ...when I disappear into a long, hot shower right out of bed in the morning you can assume it's because before the day has even begun, I'm already exhAUSted.  

    Mentally/emotionally/and physically exhAUSted.    

    Parenting a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old is the most difficult thing I have ever done.  It is rewarding...but not every day.  Some days it's just work, and the reward comes a bit later.

    Ironically, my boys tend to benefit from days like these because in an effort to pass the time at a pace above zombie crawl, rain or shine we leave the house early in search of a toddler/preschooler-friendly place we can go to burn out for a few hours.



    I finally decided to make the trip with both boys to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point {Lehi, UT} largely on account of a famous little monkey,

    and the fact that my 3-year-old Curious George fan is also completely hooked by any advertisement!

    Of course, that I was curious about this shop at Thanksgiving Point,
    only worked in his favor.  To shop here I needed deeper pockets, but it was fun to look!

    As for our first visit to the Point, of course it's always nice when these experiences can be had for less money.  I later learned that Thanksgiving Point does offer a membership 

    But, in spite of the rain...the drive...the cost...and the speed at which my 3-year-old took in the museum...as I loaded them into the car to take them home, my 1-year-old was rubbing his eyes and smiling and my 3-year-old told me he'd had fun.  I also failed to mention that I may need to go again, by myself...what I managed to see was really pretty impressive! 

    Nearing the end of a long day, I don't know what more I could have asked for. 

    a few of our favorite photos 
    FROM THE
    Museum of Ancient Life















    It seems more George-inspired outings are in our future...


    The aquarium!
    The zoo!
    ...we'll keep you posted ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails