Home
  • About Me
  • Our Home
  • Projects
  • OUR CHRISTMAS SHOP
  • Faith

    Tuesday, November 13, 2012

    Thankful [Day 13]: A Challenge


    Our blog has been a bit quiet these last few days, and it isn't that I haven't felt thankful.  In fact, yesterday I felt very thankful to have celebrated another birthday with Hubby and my two bright-eyed boys!  I am thankful for every sweet birthday wish.  It was quite nice to hear a friend I admire very much say that it took her about this many years to feel on top of things, and as a full-time mom for the first time, I hope that this year is that year for me!  

    Our last few Thankful posts have been blocked by a nagging heaviness...the realization that anything I'm thankful for is something that someone goes without.  And even though I'm expressing genuine thanks, I'm also acknowledging that another needs and doesn't have something that I have.  

    Feeling and expressing thanks has in itself been a blessing as it's anchored me, lifted me out of a thick and gloomy fog, and helped me to imagine myself and my family in another's position.

    My feeling is that our mercies and blessings shouldn't divide us, but should move us to make those very things common among us. As I imagine my own children living without the basic comforts of warm food, a bed and a blanket, or a coat...as low temperatures, snow and ice settle in...how can I not do something

    Could...would life on your street, or in your neighborhood or city change for the better if thankfulness were a contagion?  A contagion with a long list of positive symptoms and effects...

    It seems a challenge this way comes ;)  Are you up for it??

    1} review the challenge:
    "Until November 30th, each day I feel thankful I will spread my thankfulness by sharing, in part, that which I am thankful for with another, according to my ability." 
    and
    2} accept the challenge
    Leave either your first name or initials only, with your state/country in a Comment below this post.

    Comments will remain open until Friday, November 30th.   

    Once you've accepted the challenge, right alongside me, my only hope is that you'll record your experience.  For ideas and helpful links, pop in again over the next 17 days.  I'm looking forward to the experience.  I wish each of you a memorable, and wonderful 17 days!

    Have you spotted the hidden message in our post?  


    [...in yellow...]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails